Do It, or Don’t Do It, Just Don’t Do Both!
I love the work I do — truly. However, if I were to follow my deepest secret longing, I’d be in musical theater.
Think Patti LuPone as Evita, or Heather Headley belting out her Tony winning performance in Elton John’s Aida.
If I’m really honest: Christina Aguilera (complete with pearl strand costume) singing “Guy What Takes His Time” in Burlesque.
One thing I know for sure is that to create these kinds of performances, these women had to go full out. No halfway. No feeling bashful. They each dug deep within their hearts and souls, became the character, believed in the character, and then the performance just flowed.
I could tell they were heart connected because there was no overacting that left me cringing. No head-only based performance that left the performance seeming as if it were simply a series of notes that would soon be forgotten.
The same is true for any business owner running a heart based, purpose based business. You just can’t do it halfway. You have to plug deep into your heart and your soul, become the work, believe in the work, and then let your words flow.
However, we don’t always recognize when we are only going halfway. We think we’re putting ourselves out there fully, when really we’re either over-acting or acting from our heads.
Here are some symptoms of running your business halfway:
- Not wanting to find your niche; feeling like you have to serve everybody.
- Worrying more about what your non-authentic clients will think of your message than your authentic clients. In other words, worrying what others think of the work you are putting out there and watering down your message to appeal to everyone instead of the people you are really meant to serve.
- Blasting your message over and over, and over, needing people to connect with you.
- Focusing only on the money. Operating from a place of needing money.
- Needing to have a full calendar / particular amount of income, etc., before you feel worthy of saying you are good at what you do.
In working with my clients — and from my own personal experiences — we run halfway when we carry negative beliefs about what it means to be successful. Or what it means about you to truly stand up and believe fully in your work.
Clearing these underlying beliefs lets you fully and completely step into your heart, align with your Soul’s work, and help all the people you are meant to help and connect with in your business.
Get out of your own way. Step fully and confidently into who you are and let the world see you as you are, in your full, connected glory.
Now that may not be a musical theater number, but this is the work that makes my heart and soul sing!
Jennifer Bloome is the Prosperity Alignment Healer. Jennifer helps people identify and heal the blocks that are keeping them from the prosperity they desire. Ready to heal? Email email@example.com to schedule a free 30-minute “get acquainted” session to begin to identify and heal your personal blocks.